We’re all stuck at home, that’s not new for anyone. It only makes sense you and your kids are bored a lot of the time and need ideas of what to do. One way to keep busy is by trying new things with them! For instance, cooking. Kids can help you cook and learn how to do it themselves. It’s a vital skill for anyone to have, so why not start now? Cooking with kids can be tricky, but there are things to do that will help. Allow the kids to take charge every now and again once you’ve shown them what to do. Since they’re so used to having adults telling them what to do, giving them this freedom to choose what food to prepare will make them a lot more cooperative. When cooking, let them help you! They’ll love having time to spend with you, plus they’ll get the chance to learn how to do things for themselves. Think about taking them along to the store when you shop for the ingredients as well to get them more involved in the preparation process. Let’s take a look at a couple of delicious and simple recipes you and your kids can make together. The first is a recipe for tasty breakfast pizza we’re sure your kids will adore. Aside from these recipes being super easy to make, they take very little time so you won’t need to block hours out of the day to do this. The mac and cheese recipe is great for dinner or lunch when you’re short on time and you still want to get the kids involved in the cooking process and make something delicious and warm.
English Muffin Breakfast Pizza
What You’ll Need:
- 2 English muffins split in half horizontally
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 thin slices (1 ounce) Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 450F (230C) before lining a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set it aside.
- Place the English muffins with their cut side facing up and top each one with tomato. Drizzle a little olive oil on each one and season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the Canadian bacon over the tomatoes. Top each one with some mozzarella cheese.
- Bake them for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Sprinkle with basil, serve and enjoy!
5-Minute Mac and Cheese
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 lb cooked pasta, we used small shells
- 2 cups Mild shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place the pasta, cheese, milk, salt, and pepper in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir all the ingredients to mix.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave it for 3 minutes. Take it out, stir it, and microwave it for another 2 minutes.
- Stir again until it’s creamy and smooth. Serve immediately and enjoy!