When spending a prolonged amount of time at home, it can be easy to fall into an unofficial food routine. Whether it’s the same three recipes you know by heart or it’s your favorite takeout that the kids adore, it can become rather boring after a while. If you’re trying to think of something different you can make for lunch or dinner but don’t want to spend too many hours on it, we have the perfect solution for you. Why not make some delicious homemade pizza? It might sound like something that would take much too long to make, but you’d be wrong! Making your own dough is easier than you think. Not to mention, it will taste worlds better than ordering or buying ready-made. On top of all that, your kids can help you along the way, and choose their own toppings, making it a fun family activity!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 package (.25 ounce) dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 21/2 cups of bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Allow it to sit until it gets creamy. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and oil. Beat it until you get a smooth mixture. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Lightly flour the surface you want to work on and turn the dough out onto it. Knead the dough for several minutes, until you’re able to form a smooth ball.
- Lightly grease a pizza pan.
- Work the dough into the desired shape and size and transfer it to the pan.
- Put on any toppings you’d like. You can go classic with tomato sauce and cheese, or add some more fun things like olives, fried onions, mushrooms, and so on.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!